First Aid Kits
Many people are not sure what should be in a home first aid kit and wonder which would be the best one to buy. Whether you choose to get a readymade kit or make your own boxes, assembling a portable first aid kit is extremely important for all emergency responders and a useful emergency care addition to keep easily available at home, in the car, in the office and at your workplace first aid station.
First aid equipment and supplies are best kept in a clean, dry bag or storage box preferably made from durable and water resistant plastic. This makes the kits useful for travelling or vacation and a minimum of basic medical essentials should be part of your regular check list to avoid the contents reaching their expiration date.
Deluxe Family First Aid Kit from the American Red Cross. The unique book design allows you to view all the important first aid information on the left side while coordinating content pieces are neatly stored on the right side of the kit. All contents are latex-free and it has a zippered case with a handle for easy carrying. Size 12.5 inches x 9 x 2 and weight 2.05 pounds.
Contents (115 pieces);
- 2 Chewable aspirin tablets, 81 mg each
- 5 Triple antibiotic ointment packs, 0.5g each
- 6 Antiseptic cleansing wipes (sting free)
- 2 Hydrocortisone cream packs, 1%, 0.9g each
- 2 Hand sanitizer packs, 0.9g each
- 2 Trauma pads, 5" x 9"
- 6 Gauze dressing pads, 4" x 4"
- 6 Gauze Dressing Pads, 3" x 3"
- 1 Conforming gauze roll bandage, 4"
- 1 Conforming gauze roll bandage, 3"
- 1 First aid tape roll, 1" x 10 yd
- 1 Instant cold compress
- 1 CPR one-way valve face shield, latex-free
- 1 Emergency blanket
- 2 Triangular sling/bandages (safety pins included)
- 15 Adhesive plastic bandages, 1" x 3"
- 3 Elbow and knee plastic bandages, 2" x 4"
- 10 Junior adhesive plastic bandages, 3/8" x 1-1/2"
- 5 Patch plastic bandages, 1-1/2" x 1-1/2"
- 3 Knuckle fabric bandages
- 3 Fingertip fabric bandages
- 4 Thermometers (one time use)
- Plastic tweezers, 1 pair
- Scissors, 1 pair
- 4 Latex-free exam-quality vinyl gloves, 2 pairs
- 1 American Red Cross Emergency First Aid Guide
- Nylon bag with clear pocket pages