Contact For Price
- 2 - 4 Days
- International Certification
- Prerequisite - Internationally recognized CPR & First Aid Training AED certification. (EFR certification preferred). We offer this certification.
- Pool Lifeguard
- Inland Open Water Lifeguard
- Ocean Lifeguard
First Aid Training Bangkok Offers Lifeguard Certification Training and Water Safety Training.
Our International SSI Lifeguard training course teaches participants how to prevent accidents in and out of the water and to save lives, the two main responsibilities Lifeguards have while on duty, or off duty.
Why an International Lifeguard Certification?
LEGAL PROTECTION: For Schools, Hotel Resorts, Water Parks, Beaches, International Certifications are the only way to ensure professional-level Lifeguard training, that provides the legal protection needed in the unfortunate event of a water accident. A “short” or “hybrid certification” simply does not provide this protection.
REQUIRED STANDARDS: International Lifeguard programs are developed using the latest rescue skills and quality controls to ensure a strict standard of training is followed, with student records, a final exam, and skills evaluations that must be completed and passed.
INTERNATIONALLY REGISTERED: Graduates of the SSI Lifeguard certification programs are registered with the SSI international registry issued an individual certification number directly from SSI where you can verify your certification with any SSI Center, Worldwide.
Who should attend our 2-year internationally recognized Lifeguard training?
Anyone that is frequently around pools, beaches, or waterparks.
- Hotel & Resort staff
- Yacht Crews
- Condominium staff
Anyone that is frequently around water especially where children are present.
What are you going to learn during your 2-3 day Lifeguard course?:
Participants will learn the latest professional international water rescue and life saving skills ensuring you are a truly competent Lifeguard, and Rescue Ready.
- Academics: Digitally Learning. The SSI Participant Manual is a fully-digital manual providing instant access 247365.
- Introduction: What are the two main responsibilities of a Lifeguard.
Section 1: Water Safety
- Lesson 1.1: Duties of the Water Safety Team
- Lesson 1.2: Emergency Action Plans
Section 2: Swim Behavior and Recognizing Problems
- Lesson 2.1: Observing Behaviors
- Lesson 2.2: Distress and Drowning
- Lesson 2.3: Waterpark Supervision
Section 3: Observing and Assisting Swimmers
- Lesson 3.1: Scanning Techniques
- Lesson 3.2: Performing Assists
Section 4: Emergency Response
- Lesson 4.1: Communicating During Rescues
- Lesson 4.2: Entry and Approach
- Lesson 4.3: Surface Rescues
- Lesson 4.4: Shallow Water Rescues
- Lesson 4.5: Deep Water Rescues
- Lesson 4.6: In-Water Rescue Breaths
- Lesson 4.7: Exiting the Water
- Lesson 4.8: Head and Spinal Injuries
- Final exam and skills proficiency assessment
Prerequisites: Lifeguard Candidate
- Current internationally recognized CPR First Aid AED certification
- Surface swim 400m without stopping.
- 50m Rescue Approach *Breast or crawl stroke in under 60 seconds to a simulated victim while maintaining eye contact.
- Able to swim underwater for 15m *without swim aids, such as fins.
Instruction: Who are your instructor(s)?
First Aid Training Bangkok’s SSI Lifeguard Instructor(s) are the only Instructors that are also experienced SCUBA Rescue Diver Instructors with in water rescues and resuscitations, and more than 2,321 dives. Trained in the USA, Maldives, and Thailand.
Is your Instructor fit? Be sure to check.
Water fitness is one of the most important skills a Lifeguard Instructor must constantly maintain in order to provide professional level training to their students.
Academic Sessions (Minimum)
Pool Sessions (Minimum)
Like Life, there are NO shortcuts to Success, and the same is true for Life-Saving training. So-called, "short" or "hybrid" courses simply cannot provide the adequate time needed to master Life-Saving skills as a professional Lifeguard.
These "short" courses do have a place for training non-professionals who may be assisting around water activities and need to have a basic knowledge of "Water Safety". But, they are not a substitute for real life rescue preparation and training.
With Thailand's expanding population, and many cultures that are not used to being in or around the water, are unfamiliar with the potential dangers. This is leading to an increase in accidental drowning.
Being RESCUE READY, is only what an international certifying organization can provide. Quality Lifeguard Training